Post Pilgrimage Knee Update

Everyone put a huge smile on their face😄…for this update…

Upon our return we went ASAP to an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in knees. Looks like this pilgrim managed to complete the entire pilgrimage with a broken patella (knee cap) 😁!! I can only thank my beloved husband and all my fellow pilgrims who literally carried and prayed me through to the completion of this amazing journey!! Their acts of mercy were beyond measure!!

The broken patella knee outcome –I now have a three month  ‘opportunity’ to live in and adjust to my new full leg, 24 hour a day,  immovable brace with the additional perspective of managing it all from a walker-:)!!  No weight on that left leg for three months (pretty lousy excuse for me to get out of all that holiday cooking🍗🍰!

Hoping to soon secure a new ‘chariot’ to assist this three month transition to a more sedentary way of life😄!!

Please do not fret or worry …this is such a small blip on the radar screen of life. It is not life threatening and is NOTHING compared to what your fellow blog readers are facing on a daily basis with critical health, emotional and family challenges! Please keep each other in prayer.

Know my prayers and offerings for each of you and may this Thanksgiving be more meaningful than ever imaginable!!

Thank you for following our journey!!!

Advertisements

About oxleysadventures

I am a recently retired superintendent of schools about to launch on a freighter adventure with my husband, Bud, a retired optometrist!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Post Pilgrimage Knee Update

1. Bill Niggemyer says:

Not able to cook—now there’s a bad break!!!!

Follow the rules, don’t start “cheating” on the weight thing.

What doc did you go to?

fwn

F. W. (Bill) Niggemyer

Decko Products, Inc.

2105 Superior Street

Sandusky, OH 44870

Phone: 419-626-5757

Mobile: 419-656-1000

mailto:niggemyer@decko.com

• Funny…Went to New Albany Joint Implant Surgeons–they did Tad’s shoulder-:)!!

• Vince and Charlene says:

Best place to go for joint and bone issues. Vince has taken a couple of people there. Tracy lives about 6 minutes from there. Loved following your journey and prayers for a complete recovery.

• Jackie says:

That is where Judy Brackman had her knee replacement done early summer and she has had great success! Sorry to hear the outcome but know you will bounce back quickly and not let this hold you down!

• So thankful that it is a place where people have felt success—Poor Judy…way too young for all that!! Thanks for circling back!! Merry Christmas!!! Hugs!!!

2. Cheryl says:

Oh Karel, doesn’t sound good. May be God’s way of telling you to slow down and smell the roses. How will Bud keep a good woman down ?!? LOL!
    Follow doctor’s orders and come spring you’ll be off on another adventure I’m sure!
    Prayers for a quick and complete recovery 🙏
    Cheryl

3. Cheryl Kocher says:

Oh Karel, what a bummer. Everyone “kneed’s ” you so:((((. Glad you went to New Albany as I hear it has great outcomes. ~ If you have to be inside, I guess the winter months are perfect timing:)). We hope to visit with you when you have time as I want to see all your pics! We will bring Phil’s Inn spaghetti, salad and bread so call when it sounds good!
    Happy Thanksgiving from The Kocher’s

4. Cheryl Kocher says:

I posted on your wall- Happy Thanksgiving!!

5. Bob Reineck says:

Karel/Bud, I have enjoyed following you on your latest adventure.  Sorry about the knee.  I will add you to my prayers. Happy Thanksgiving,Bob Reineck

6. Andrew Koonce says:

Thank you for sharing all your adventures…I love reading your updates and looking at those amazing pictures! It certainly makes me want to visit the Holy Land…definitely is on my bucket list now! Happy Thanksgiving!

7. Sharon Bennett says:

Another adventure in the books! Looks like it was the experience of a lifetime. Take it easy while you recover. This will be just a tiny spce in time. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all of you! 😍 Hugs, Jim & Sharon

8. Carol Ellickson says:

Oh my, Karel. I hope you are on drugs! It sounds so painful. Praying you are on the mend. Be compliant with the doc’s advice, and allow others to help you. Much love!

9. Tina and Mark says:

Oh Karel…so sorry to hear this! Maybe a night of cards, food, and laughter might help! Can’t imagine how painful that knee had to be during your Holy Land journey! Sounds like you had many charioteers and caregivers during the trip…..
    So glad you were able to get it taken care of ASAP when you returned. Hang in There.. God must want you to “Be Still”…… Sending healing prayers and hugs!
    Mark and Tina

10. Dearest Karel, So sorry to hear this news!! We know you were in good hands at New Albany specialists…also you were in good hands on your Holy Land trip… All those charioteers and angels by your side! We are keeping you and Bud in our thoughts and prayers and wish you a full healthy recovery.. Be Still and keep those positive thoughts which you are so good at doing… the Be Still will be a bit more challenging for you 😘😘
    Happy Thnksgiving Day.. Love and Hugs, Tina and Mark