Floating on the Dead Sea

Yes…there is Bud….floating on the Dead Sea  on the last day of our pilgrimage-:)!! Looks about as perfect as possible until you spot fellow pilgrim Dan…He is REALLY getting the full experience. The mud cake is suppose to make you younger and healthier-:)!!  We didn’t even recognize him when he came out😄!!!

And here are the ‘rules’…

Seriously, the ride through the Judean desert was beautiful. Take a look at our last journey of the Pilgrimage.

The Dead Sea… Where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found by a shepherd boy. We also rode a cable car high above the Dead Sea to Masada, the site of the battle between the Jewish a People and the Romans

At the airport and off to the USA!!!! How can I ever begin to thank my self sacrificing husband, my college roommate (Molly and her husband Dick Daly) , all the giving ‘charioteers’, Chris for actually physically carrying me down the longest boat ramp that I have ever seen in my entire life–to make sure I was able to experience the ride on the Sea of Galilee, Greg for offering his aisle seat-not once but twice  😄😄😄😄, the prayer warriors, bag carriers and on and on when one has to humbly depend on others–what Lessons Learned!!! Here is Greg raising his hand to help (smile)and with Chris right beside him…

Thank you ‘charioteers’ for all your kindness—they will never be forgotten!!

Thank YOU for following our journey!!!

Advertisements

About oxleysadventures

I am a recently retired superintendent of schools about to launch on a freighter adventure with my husband, Bud, a retired optometrist!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Floating on the Dead Sea

1. Carol Ellickson says:

An awesome trip! Thank you for sharing. Your being in a wheelchair reminded me of taking Elizabeth everywhere. I hope you get that knee looked at when you get home!

2. Cheryl says:

Karel, thanks for letting us follow your journey. You were a real trooper and kudos to your companions for their help…….but you would have done the same for one of them…..safe trip back to the states!

3. Celeste says:

Thank you for a wonderful trip.

4. Dave Uhlig says:

What an amazing experience you two must be having!!! Now get back home safe and get your knee taken care of. I hope that the injury is not too severe. I’ll be anxious to hear about your trip when I see you again🙂

Sent from my iPad

5. Brenda says:

What an awesome journey! It was wonderful to “travel” with you. Have a safe trip home. I hope your knee is better.

6. Linda Thatcher says:

LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF YOUR TRIP!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING! HOPE YOUR KNEE IS BETTER SOON.

7. Stephanie Miller says:

Thank you for all your wonderful pictures. I loved opening my email and finding a new post from you every day! Hope that knee of yours is not too serious. Please let us know how you’re doing when you get back home! Safe journey…

8. Russ & Cindy Gabel says:

Thank you for all the posts. We really enjoyed reading about your adventures. It sounded and looked amazing and moving. The photos were wonderful, almost felt like we were there. Now get back to the USA and get checked out. Russ & Cindy

9. Cheryl Kocher says:

Loved every post with such great views truly “up front”! Bud looks so “normal” floating! Hope you get relief from your knee issue and R thanks again for the great journey! Bless you!!! Cheryl K

10. Ronda says:

Thank you for sharing your trip. Can’t wait to see where “we” go next!!! Keep us informed on the knee. Praying that is it nothing serious. And most of all thank you for your prayers for us!!

11. Simion Norel says:

Nice trip you had! The end was not as planned, unfortunatelly! Good health to shower upon you!